Wednesday, September 15, 2010

I guess this means I am in a relationship (Garnier moisturizer)

So, ever since I packed everything I own, I have been very aware of everything I have. And it is just way, way too much. So, I purged: I threw away and I gave away. I am not a hoarder, but I went through a phase of needless buying. I have an idea why I did it: I was in a bored state of mind, and so I shopped. Absolutely unnecessary. I should have just upped my volunteer time and read more books. However, here we are. The epiphany came when it needed to come.

As mentioned in my previous post, I have limited my purchases, and I am so glad with my progress. Now, I have the satisfaction of finishing products and recycling the bottle. (Honestly, Beautifully Glossy inspired "Project Finish.") That hadn't happened to me since I was in high school. Can you believe I discovered that other than beauty products, I also had an obsession with toothbrushes and cleaning supplies? I had no idea I had more than 15 toothbrushes and countless bottles of disinfectant. The good thing, my house will stay clean for a very long time, and my teeth will always have a brush.

As far as beauty stuff, I have multiple bottles of conditioner (I am working that down like a champ.), many bottles of shampoo (now multitasking as shave soap), and skincare stuff.

One day, I just said, "T, you need to live a simple life surrounded by fewer products. Get rid of the excess!" So, I sat down surrounded by my excess, two boxes, and a corner. One box was for trash, the other for donate, and the corner for keep. I threw away a ton of stuff that was expired or just undesirable to anyone. I gave away new stuff and the multitude of little hotel bottles. I kept only what I needed, or what was a duplicate of what I used daily. The Garnier Nutritioniste: Skin Renew Anti-Sun-Damage Daily Moisture Lotion SPF 28 survived, solely because it has the longest name a moisturizer could have, and because I had just bought it.

I am glad it made the cut, because I think I am in a relationship, and I think it might be long-term. I have been using this moisturizer for several months. As a matter of fact, I finished my first bottle, and I have bought a second bottle. I am half-way through this current bottle, and I plan on buying the same one when I am done. This is how much I appreciate the moisturizer.

I have dark spots on my face. They are old acne scars that fight to go away. I have had a constant struggle with them, and the moment time has faded away some stubborn spots, one wild pimple pops up to leave another mark. I have come to accept this reality. My face will never look fully blemish-free. Even though I have reluctantly accepted this, I am always interested in products that advertise more radiant, less spotted skin. Hence my attraction to this Garnier moisturizer.

This Anti-Sun-Damage moisturizer claims to help diminish existing sun damage on the skin. It states that after several weeks of use (I think it is about 4 weeks of steady use) you will see more even skin. Oh, and it does offer SPF 28 (random number, I know).

At first, I was very skeptical, but I figured that I would buy it again because it is very hydrating, not heavy, and doesn't break me out at all. Then after several weeks of use (I use day and night), I noticed that my face looked more even-toned, cleaner. Then, several weeks later, I noticed that I needed less foundation, and I didn't have to use as much concealer as I tend to. In fact, there are days that I go fully without makeup. My face isn't totally spot-free, but it looks a lot better than it did before. So, I became fully committed to this moisturizer.

Also, the bottle is slim and green with a locking pump (great for travel). The bottle is 2.5 oz, and is not as big as it looks in commercials and pictures. When I first got the box, I was surprised at how small it looked. For me--using two full pumps, twice a day--the bottle lasted about two and a half to three months, give or take a week. The price was reasonable at $10-11.

I am really impressed with this moisturizer. Actually, I am so impressed with Garnier that I have ventured into another product; I just bought the Daily Exfoliating scrub. I just ran out of the Clean and Clear Blackhead Eraser pads (second replacement after taking a hiatus), and I figured I would try something else for the same price (The scrub is around 5 bucks.). So we shall see if Garnier comes through with the cleanser as well.

Has anyone tried this moisturizer? Any other Garnier products? Drop a line and let me know. I am also intrigued with the under eye roller ball for dark circles. Has anyone tried this? I have to finish the eye cream I am wearing now, but that will be the next purchase.

photo from garnier website

Rating:
5 out of 5 happy wallets. I didn't expect much, so that might affect my rating, but this product really has made my face look more even.

Price: $10-$12 (depending where you buy)

Where: Walmart, Target, drugstores

6 comments:

GlossQueen said...

Thanks for the shout out, I'm so glad I inspired you!

That Garnier moisturiser sounds wonderful, I want to try it now (but I won't until I've finished all of the ones that I currently have).

Elaine said...

Great job on the simplifying!!

I need to know more about the Clean & Clear blackhead Eraser pads. Are they good for sensitive skin or my "bad" skin? I have adult acne so I'm real careful of what I do to or with my skin.

T said...

Elaine, the clean and clear blackhead eraser pads are not very abrasive, unless you press the pad down really hard on your skin. You skin will feel smoother because of the exfoliation, but it isn't harsher than the St. Ives scrub that is a beauty classic (although, way too abrasive). I would say it is a little softer than a buff puff, remember those. I believe the price has dropped since I bought mine a year ago. My sister got hers for like $10. She has been using it too, and she likes it. The C&C BE does have salicylic acid, which helps attack clogged pores, but if you have skin that tends to be reactive and sensitive, I would go with a sensitive skin scrub. Oh, and the C&C BE did leave my skin soft and curb some acne (I definitely noticed when I didn't use it.), but it didn't totally eliminate the blackheads in my trouble zone: my nose. I have a full review on here. Just check the archives under clean and clear.

Elaine said...

T, I have a buff puff, the softer version...remember how tough they were when they first came out? Anyway, I use the bp maybe once a month on average. It's not something I use a lot because I'm scared I'll irritate my skin but it does make my face seem softer & like the pores are emptier...that sounds weird but that's how it feels. I might try the C&C BE, it sounds worth a try. Thanks!

Victoria - Shift the Scene said...

I know exactly what you mean. After seeing Sarah Jessica Parker in the commercials and having such good luck with Garnier's hair products, I decided to try Garnier Nutritioniste Ultra-Lift Pro Gravity Defying Cream. It's in the red jar. I got it at Walmart for only $13.79. I've bought some expensive face creams before and never had any results. I couldn't believe it. After less than two weeks of using Garnier, I looked 20 years younger! No joke.

T said...

Victoria,

I am so glad to hear that this is not a fluke. LOL. Listen, I am nearing the end of my second bottle, and I am still all about the moisturizer. I am going to buy it again once I am done. Oh, and it still works excellently. I recently have been breaking out (I think I have found the culprit), and this moisturizer has accelerated the fade of the fresh acne scars. I love this stuff!

Thanks for the comment!