Thursday, September 24, 2009

Quick review: Pulse Perfection

So, I believe I mentioned before that I found Maybelline Pulse Perfection on sale at my local Target. I don't think the price point is appealing to the demographic in my area. Well, I seized the opportunity to try this mascara many were raving about.

After applying this mascara several times, I can openly and confidently say that I really do hate this product for many reasons:

1) The push button to turn on the vibration is at the end of the wand, which affects that amount of control I can have when I apply the mascara.

2) The formula is a little of the wetter side,which makes the mascara dry longer. And this seems to clump a little.

3) The brush is flexible like the "Define-A-Lash" brush, which inhibits control, again.

4) Yeah, sure this mascara produces longer lashes, but they look spikey and hard.

5) This is a high maintenance mascara application. I can't just swipe and go.

So far, I have had some great luck with Maybelline, but this was a bust for me. Come to think of it, the mascara being poopy on me is welcome because I would have been in trouble had a loved a $13 drugstore mascara.

Anyway, more reviews will come soon. I plan on swatching the La Femme shadows next. This takes a little time, especially now that Cheeks is teething and wanting to play all the time. Thank you for the patience.

Much love.

6 comments:

beautifulmonday said...

very helpful. i don't really need any more mascaras right now but i hadn't yet heard if this mimic was worth purchasing. i think you're right- falling in love with a $13 DS mascara would be bad news for me too~

Fabuless Beauty said...

Thanks for reviewing this. Maybelline's Pulse Perfection mascara reminds me of knock off of Lancome's Oscillation.

PrincessDiana said...

I love Maybelline's mascaras. Thanks for reviewing this one, I haven't tried it yet. :)

The Mighty J said...

I dunno if all these vibrating mascaras are worth it - and yah you can't put it on in a flash.

T said...

Mighty J, I have heard good things about the original vibrating mascara by Lancome or Estee Lauder (I can't remember), but it is super expensive, and I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on the mascara.

PrincessDiana, I really enjoy Maybelline mascaras too, so I had high hopes. Oh well, can't win them all.

FB, yeah it is a total knockoff, lol.

BeautifulMonday, what mascaras are you using now? I am always searching, as you can see. lol

T said...

Mighty J, I have heard good things about the original vibrating mascara by Lancome or Estee Lauder (I can't remember), but it is super expensive, and I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on the mascara.

PrincessDiana, I really enjoy Maybelline mascaras too, so I had high hopes. Oh well, can't win them all.

FB, yeah it is a total knockoff, lol.

BeautifulMonday, what mascaras are you using now? I am always searching, as you can see. lol