Hi Chicas! How is everyone? I have been out because we took Cheeks McGee to the beach. It was a great time. However, now that we are home, Cheeks is all like, "hey, you! Yeah, you, the one who feeds me, I am gonna make you pay for taking me out of the routine. I won't sleep through the night, I will demand arms during the day, and I will cry loudly and incessantly when I want something. Oh, and I am gonna be hungry all the time. Yeah, that's what you get for taking me to the stinkin' beach."
Soo, I had all intentions of coming home and blogging the hell out of blogspot. I had fantasies of blogging so much that my keyboard was going to smoke and the computer was going to sizzle. Alas, this did not happen. Instead, I have been vegging out after long days of fighting with a cute 5 month old, and then I crawl into bed. In fact, I didn't even wash my face last night, and now I am suffering a poopy zit on my chin. Boo Hiss. But, no fear (not that you were), Cheeks is falling back into his routine, and I am getting back on schedule.
In the meantime, I shall do this fun survey that Recessionista sent me. Oh, but before I forget, I didn't take the Clean and Clear blackhead eraser to the beach with me, and my face definitely missed it. So it must be doing something right.
Ok, here is the survey (I love doing these things. you might see another survey go up tonight)
11 Things that make me Happy
1) My new family. When I was younger, I never planned on getting married. I always thought I would find a lover: we would live separately, but hang out on a regular basis. I never really thought I would find someone who would love me just the way I am and want to actually commit to me. I never really thought I would want to commit to anyone either. And yet, I met the Scholar. Pretty crazy. Then two years later, we have Mr. Cheeks McGee dictating what goes on in the house. It is so surreal. There are times when I wake up in the middle of the night and look at these two men and just thank God with a humble heart. It doesn't get better. It just doesn't.
2) I may be 30, but I still crave being home with Queen Fierce. Those walls hold a lot of good memories, the smell of comfort food still emanates from the kitchen, and the bed is always welcoming.
3) The weekly calls from Mr. Serenity. He never tires of my Buffy-ridden conversations, and he guides me on which movies to watch and what to do with my car.
4) The daily texts from The Grrl. Holy Moly, thank God for unlimited texting because we can text like it is our job, especially on Sundays during True Blood. Oh Eric...
5) An excellent book that includes some type of awakening, a touch of romance, a strong heroine, a balanced dose of details, a magnificent voice, and a plethora of new words for me to discover. Wow, no wonder I shrug after reading many books.
6) Volunteering. Right now, I teach computer classes at my local library, and I love interacting with the participants. I love their stories, I like their excitement. I enjoy leaving feeling like I have helped someone. Plus, I get to hang out at one of my favorite spots.
7) Getting packages. Whoa, Nelly! I rip the package open in the elevator. I don't even wait until I get in the house. I know what is in the box, but I still get super excited.
8) Simple Christmases. I don't really even care about gifts. I like to keep things simple. This is difficult to do during Christmas especially since so many go overboard with gifts during this time. I like to chill in comfy clothes, watch TV, drink cider, snack on turkey, and just hang out. So whenver I come across a simple Christmas, it is a good Christmas.
9) Silence. Some poeple don't feel comfortable with silence. I cherish it. Funny story, when I was pregnant I read that it was good to talk to the belly so that the baby could get used to my voice. I was home alone a lot, and there were days where I was quiet for most of the time. Then I would freak out because I hadn't said anything to the future Cheeks, and I would immediately start a conversation, only to fall into silence 10 mintues later. It is so nice to just hear my own breath. Oh, also curious. I am a teacher by trade, and there were times in the classroom when I would just close my mouth. The students would look up from their notes and doodles. I would stare at them and say, "Sorry, I just got tired of hearing my voice, so I can only imagine how you are feeling. Let's take a minute to just enjoy the silence." Don't get me wrong, I am not shy, I just don't believe in superfluous talk.
10) Beading. I create something and it doesn't necessarily have to take months to make. Plus, I can wear it as soon as I am done.
11) Long Showers. Better than a long walk on the beach. So, so, so relaxing.
I tag the following:
Elaine, over at Stella's dreams. She blogs about adventures in new mommyhood, which is fun and heartwarming.
Beda from Beda's Beauty Blog. Excellent reviews, FOTD's and is a fellow islander.
Tanya at The Pink Train Case. An expert drugstore shopper, and all around fun chica.
Miss Marisol at A dirty martini kind of girl. One of the first blogs I started reading. Excellent chica.
Of course, anyone else can share on her (do I have male blogger readers?) blog, or in the comments section. This is a nice positive sharing, so why not keep it up.
Also, the tagged are not obligated to do it.
Recessionista, thanks for sending this, it was fun to think about how happy I am.
Benefit's Double the Lip on my Lips!
6 hours ago