Thursday, August 27, 2009

More Brushes, T?! (the detail brushes)

The detail eye brushes
(click on the image to see in full)

1. Loew-Cornell 270 Maxine's Mop 1/4 brush (natural)
2. Loew-Cornell 272 Dome Round (natural)
3. Loew-Cornell Arttec Red Sable 165 round (natural)
4. E.L.F Professional Lip Defining Brush (natural, use as eye brush)
5. CVS Essence of Beauty small crease brush (natural)
6. Loew-Cornell 793 Angular Flat 1/4 brush (white nylon)
7. Maybelline eye contour brush (good for eyeliner, synthetic)

1. Loew-Cornell 270 Maxine's Mop 1/4 brush (natural)--I friggin' love this brush. I have two of these. They are excellent for detailed crease work, smudged liner, outer "v" work. Just a very versatile detail brush. Plus, this brush is around $3 at Michaels.

2. Loew-Cornell 272 Dome Round (natural)--I got this when I was obsessed with finding the perfect pencil brush. The tip of this brush is a little rounder than the MAC 219 and it is thinner as well. However, the brush is densely packed and firm, but still soft. I don't use this as much as I could. I usually gravitate towards it when I want to do create a dramatic, cut crease. This has the length to deeply sit inside my crease as I do the windshield motion to deposit crease color. About $10-$11 at Michaels.

3. Loew-Cornell Arttec Red Sable 165 round (natural)--This is like the Sonia Kashuk fluffy blending brush, but it is thinner and less dense. This does blend, but it is really very soft. So it will do light, light diffusing. I like this brush when I want to just hint at my crease contour. I use this on my less dramatic days, really. Not a must. Unfortunately, I can't find, nor remember, the price on this one.

4. E.L.F Professional Lip Defining Brush (natural, use as eye brush)--This is another example of using brushes for something they were not meant for. I really like this brush. When I first got it, I thought that it was kind of useless, and then I used it to darken my outer "v" and highlight my inner corner and I really enjoyed it. This is small and it is easy to handle around the tight corners of the eyes. It is also very soft, and not densely packed. Therefore, I don't get the sharp, precise crease line or outer "v" line. Instead I get a precise but diffused line. Very nice for $1.

5. CVS Essence of Beauty small crease brush (natural)--Another great brush from Essence of Beauty. Bravo CVS for having such great brushes. I use this for liner smudging, inner eye highlight, and overall detail touch up. The handle is small because it comes in a travel kit. I can't remember the price, but you get two or three crease brushes in this kit. This is a great mini pencil brush.

6. Loew-Cornell 793 Angular Flat 1/4 brush (white nylon)--Great for cream liner application. I prefer the angled brush to the flat liner brush. I can do a cat eye pretty easily with this brush. Plus, it is really easy to clean and manipulate. I think this could have been around $5 or $7, but I can't remember.

7. Maybelline eye contour brush (good for eyeliner, synthetic) --This brush and I have had a longlasting relationship. I have had this brush since freshmen year of college, and I have been out for a while. Pretty awesome brush. I thought I had lost it for a long time, and I was really sad because I could find a replacement (I did find it eventually). However, I have noticed that it is back in stores. This baby used to be hard to find, but not anymore. I really love this brush. Between the LC angle brush and this one, I choose the Maybelline. The brush is poopy for contouring, but it is magnificent for lining. This delivers a thin, precise line. I can also get a great cat eye with this brush. Just great! I don't know the price, however.

So the must haves from this bunch: Maybelline contour brush, CVS small crease brush, LC maxine mop 1/4 brush.

More to come. Let me know if you have any questions.
much love.

5 comments:

marisol said...

I like #3 a lot. I must find some of these Loew- Cornell brushes.

Askmewhats said...

I do wish LEow Cornell brushes are available down here, they look really good!

T said...

Marisol, if you don't have a Michaels or an AC Moore, then check out hobby shops. Although the price might be higher. You can also check online art store.

Nikki, what about alternative art brushes? Any luck?

Tanya @ The Pink Train Case said...

I *love* the LC 270!!!! I use mine quite a bit, I love that you can use it for different things- for lid color, crease, blending....loooove :D It's funny that I love it so much because I only have ONE! I swear, it's like a treasure hunt to find this particular brush in my Michaels!!

T said...

Tanya, I know when I found it I got really excited. You should get a backup of this brush when you see it again. I use both all the time with different colors.