Sunday, August 30, 2009

Another survey that is all about me, because this blog isn't about me already

This morning Cheeks woke me up at 5:30 because he was hungry. Many will say, "What? That is so early!" And it is, however, I was so proud of him because he has been sleeping some kind of poopy recently. For instance, the night before he only slept for about three hours. The scholar and I were pulling out our hair trying to get him to fall asleep. I swear I will try to never break a baby's routine if I can't help it. Their revenge is miserable.

Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, the survey. So this morning, I was reading through the blogs while I was feeding Cheeks, and I came across Aquaheart's "50 questions" survey. I thought it would be fun to complete on my blog. I think it is always fun to find out a little about the person behind the makeup.

Also, before I forget. I went to Target yesterday and trolled the makeup clearance aisle, and I found the Maybelline Pulse Perfection mascara. Yes, the Pulse Perfection was on clearance at my Target. I asked the associate why it was there, and she thought it was due to poor sales at that particular store. Soo, ladies and gents, check your Target clearance to see if they have any of the mascara there. You never know. I bought it for around 6 bucks. I also got some Maybelline lippies for around $1. Sweet.

Ok, it's all about me time:

1. What time did you get up this morning? 5:30 am, eastern

2. How do you like your steak? super rare. Like the cook shows the flame the steak from afar and then s/he puts it on my plate.

3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? I can't even remember. I think I was pregnant, so it wasn't so long ago. I guess it was a forgettable movie.

4. What is your favorite TV show? I have many favorites: Pushing Daisies (canceled), Life (canceled), Psych, Bones, but the ultimate favorite is BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER. I friggin' love BTVS, love. Not many people understand my connection to the show, but I don't care. The world's questions can be answered through that show. I love this show so much, I made the title bold. That says something.

5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Northern VA, it's what I know best, diverse, close to DC, lots of Vietnamese food restaurants, *weeps* One day, one day.

6. What did you have for breakfast? not yet. But I will probably have a almond butter and grape jelly sandwich (I am allergic to peanuts. Funny story behind this.) and cinnamon tea that I am obsessed with right now.

7. What is your favorite cuisine? Puerto Rican and Vietmanese pho. Yum Yum.

8. What foods do you dislike? liver.

9. Favorite place to eat? Other than a Pho joint, I enjoy (I know it is a chain, but I like it) Ruby Tuesdays. I like their turkey sliders and the salad bar, oh and those pumpernickel croutons.

10. Favorite dressing? Ranch

11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? Ford Explorer. This is the second "inherited" one.

12. What are your favorite clothes? jeans, scoop neck loose blouses, and button down shirts. Oh, and long sleeve shirts.

13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? I want to visit Quebec and Montreal.

14. Cup 1/2 empty or 1/2 full? It's just at half. I just see things. Sure, I try to find the bright side, but really, it is what it is.

15. Where would you want to retire? Probably a city setting. Maybe Arlington, VA. Gosh, I love NoVA.

16. Favorite time of day? 10 am. Nice round number, still morning, still smiling.

17. Where were you born? Washington, DC

18. What is your favorite sport to watch? I usually don't watch sports, but when I do, I like soccer and hockey. Actually, I watch soccer to see the legs in action (HAWT), and hockey for the actual sport. In fact, I actively turn the channel to the hockey game, which I typically don't do for other sports.

19. Who do you think will not tag you back? not concerned

20. Person you expect to tag you back first? not concerned

21. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I am nosy so everyone and anyone. Please satisfy my curiosity.

22. Bird watcher? I am not a bird watcher, but my godmother is. She and her husband are avid bird watchers, and it is so interesting to hear about their adventures around the world. They have seen many beauties. So cool.

23. Are you a morning person or a night person? morning. I am worthless at night.

24. Do you have any pets? no. We had a fish, Alexander the Great, but he died. So sad.

25. Any new and exciting news you'd like to share? yes, the baby slept the entire night!! *throws confetti*

26. What did you want to be when you were little? A teacher or lawyer. Teaching won. Now, I have a love/hate relationship with the profession.

27. What is your best childhood memory? sneaking around with my sister looking for Christmas gifts. When we finally found them, I would teach my sister how to open the wrapping without doing damage. That was always fun.

28. Are you a cat or dog person? Dogs, but really, I am a fish person. I like the idea of having a dog, but then I think of dog breath, dog hair, dog poo. I know eventually we will get a dog, so I am preparing myself for that time. Honestly, I have never lived with a dog so maybe I will be okay. Actually, I did live with a dog in college *shudders*.

29. Are you married? yes, it's cool. I like it. However, don't do it just to do it. Marriage is a serious business. Check your ego at the door.

30. Always wear your seat belt? People don't?!

31. Been in a car accident? ugh, yes...

32. Any pet peeves? Really? In fact, one pet peeve is when people say they don't have pet peeves. I hate when people want to be rosy all the time. Funny story, when my sister was younger, she and my mother were fighting about something mundane. My sister yells at my mother, "Listen, I can't be happy all the time!" My mom retorts, "No, that would be psychotic." Exactly! One huge pet peeve is when people exhibit the Pollyanna syndrome. Gag me with a spoon.

33. Favorite Pizza Toppings? Pepperoni

34. Favorite Flower? Gerbera daisies.

35. Favorite ice cream? Rocky Road

36. Favorite fast food restaurant? I don't really have one. Oh wait, yes, I do. Chick-fil-A

37. How many times did you fail your driver's test? I failed the written once, and I took driving lessons at school, after two weeks we would take a test and fail or pass. My instructor kept me for an additional two weeks. He noted my lack of confidence and deemed it a danger to society. He was very perceptive. Thank you, Mr. Madison.

38. From whom did you get your last email? I can't remember. This baby brain is horrible.

39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? First off, I would not max out a credit card unless, absolutely necessary (like to save a house, and even then I would cry the entire time). I fear debt. However, and tell me this doesn't make sense, but I always think what would I do if I won a ton of money. Well, after giving some away, paying off stuff, setting up funds for the babies, and so forth, I would raid the drugstore makeup aisle. I mean, how does that make sense. Usually, when you go up in the money ladder you upgrade your taste, but I kind of don't have an interest. Don't get me wrong, I would definitely buy more from the counters, but I have a feeling that I would definitely raid the drugstore makeup aisles. The drugstore aisle gives me more of a rush than the makeup counters do.

40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I dashed out of the house for a minute. That is spontaneous because I left Cheeks at home with the Scholar. Seriously, I just has a tiny bag with me and I could just rush out of my car. Soo nice. This is the one thing I miss about my childless life: the ability to just go.

41. Like your job? Yes, I like being a mommy. I pepper the mommy gig with some tutoring and volunteer work, which is great.

42. Broccoli? Can you say "GAS."

43. What was your favorite vacation? Alaskan cruise. I went right after graduating from grad school and right before entering the "real" world. It was divine. I ate well, read a lot, and saw humbling glaciers. I don't think I could recreate that trip.

44. Last person you went out to dinner with? the Scholar. Yum to both the food and the man.

45. What are you listening to right now? the fan, the baby mumbling in his sleep, and the Scholar taking deep, sleepy breaths.

46. What is your favorite color? RED

47. How many tattoos do you have? None. I admire and enjoy looking at others with tattoos, but I never got one. Now, if I were to get one, it would be Ursula from The Little Mermaid. Sure, she is the villain, but did you feel her sex appeal and confidence? I wanted to be her when I first saw the movie.

48. How many are you tagging for this quiz? You read this, you are tagged

49. What time did you finish this quiz? 6:40 am

50. Coffee drinker? Nope, tea drinker.

9 comments:

GS said...

This was fun to read!!

and #39, I know! I thought I was the only one, but actually to me is more exciting to buy drugstore brands (the ones I like) than to buy high end.

GS said...

Oh and yeah, I´m gonna do this tag... love ´em!!

T said...

Let me know when you do. I would love to read it, GS. BTW love the profile pic.

marisol said...

I love gerbera daisies too. Tell us about the cinnammon tea. Sounds tasty!

I can't eat rare steak. I just can't... =(

Buffy for life!

http://adirtymartinikindofgirl.blogspot.com/2009/08/another-survey.html

GS said...

Thank you honey!! I love this pic too, hope I can do something like that (this is an icon I found on Xanga) and I did the survey on sunday too, go check it!!

http://misdesvariosdieteticos.blogspot.com/2009/08/1.html

T said...

Marisol, the cinnamon tea is from Harney and Sons (found at Barnes and Noble) and it is called "hot cinnamon spice" tea. It is a black tea, and the cinnamon is so dominant that there is no need for sugar. Like drinking a Big Red. yum. love it.

GS, I am going to your blog now.

Erica D. said...

LOL!! Love this post... I might have to do this survey myself!!

Stephanie said...

followed you because you love BUFFY and your blog is cool too!

T said...

Erica, Let me know if you do. I would love to read it.

Stephanie, thanks for the compliments and you automatically rock because you are a Buffy lover. She is my fave heroine, absolutely, hands down. Actually, I just love the entire scooby gang.