Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Children's books do more than just teach to read...

The other day I was reading to Cheeks McGee. Sure he is only 11 weeks old, but it keeps him entertained for about 30 seconds, and those are 30 seconds that I don't have to panic about how to keep him entertained.

Anyway, we were reading Dr. Seuss' One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish. Wow, what a long, boring book. I have to say that this is not one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books; even Cheeks was like "alright, Milk Provider, I have had enough of this." Now, the colors of the book are fun and festive, and I got to thinkin' "hmm, this would make a fun eye combination, and I have not done an EOTD for a while, and my 88 palette is collecting dust, and I can incorporate a mascara review. Wow, that was a run on sentence!"

Soo, this morning Cheeks gave me some time to play around with the eye colors. Pretty cool.
Here are the pics, and the next post will be a review for the new L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara.

First, Mr. Cheeks McGee who initiated the inspiration.
cool dude
glasses by the exclusive Fisher-Price!

The Book Cover
The inspiration

The Eye of the Day (EOTD)
Dr. Seuss inspired eye

Dr Seuss inspired 2

Ingredients
L'oreal Decrease Primer
NYX jumbo eye stick in Yogurt lightly spread over lid and as brow bone highlight
88 e/s palette (matte version) used:
Yellow
Two shades of dark blue
Deep Green
Styli-Style line and seal black liner in waterline and tightlined
L'oreal Extra Volume Collagen mascara in black, two coats
Maybelline Define-a-Brown pencil in Dark brown on brows

Let me know if you would like any reviews on the products.
Also, what inspired you?
Have a happy face day!

5 comments:

livin2luv said...

I love it! Maybe I'll learn to do that myself one day :)

Anonymous said...

Hey T,
Great inspiration; Dr. Seuss "Oh, the 'faces' you'll see" and Cheeks Mcgee. Gorgeous transitioning of the shades palette, great design, very true to "One fish,... Even though I don't have the eyelids to do that kind of splendid art any longer, perhaps one day you can use my beautiful round face to design the make-up of a woman of certain "age." As you know by now this is Mom Fierce. Love you!!!

T said...

Thanks, Livin'! I learned by studying the YT gurus. Check the girls on the sidebar, they have helpful tips.

Queen Fierce, I will be sure to show you how to do this. We will adjust to your age. muah!

Recessionista! said...

Is it wrong that I want to bite your baby's face? I swear it would be a gentle nibble! :)

T said...

R, no, it isn't. I want to eat him up too. Look at those delicious cheeks!