Saturday, May 9, 2009

Is tagging myself a sin? Will I get hair palms?

I have been itching to blog, but I am a slave to FeFe's (pronounced Feh-Feh, comes from the Spanish pronunciation of Felix, which is Feh-leeks) hunger. You know, people really do romanticize breastfeeding. Don't get me wrong, I love knowing that I have the option to sustain my son, and I have an excuse to flash people in public now, but breastfeeding is no cakewalk. It takes time, it hurts sometimes, and I can only wear bras for two days before they spoil. However, I wouldn't have it any other way. I feel very womanly, and I have the best cleavage of my life!

Anyway, enough about my boobs (I can already see some of my followers "unfollow." BTW, many kisses to my followers. I am humbled by your interest. Let me know where I can improve.). As mentioned before, I have been itching to review and I am getting on the train, but first I want to do a questionnaire.
Pink Sith was tagged to do a questionnaire, and she invited her readers to follow suit, therefore, here I am.

Oh, and I am not going to follow the rules either. By all means participate if you want. I am not tagging anyone.


Rules:

1. Respond and rework: Answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your own invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.


What is your current obsession? Foundation! It will always be foundation. I am on the constant quest to find the perfect base.

What is your weirdest obsession?
empty jars, travel bottles/containers. I love to redistribute. I buy new travel containers every time I go to Walmart, Sallys, and Target.

What are you wearing today?
Black nursing tank top, brown lounge pants (that's right, I mixed colors)

What's your favorite comfort food?
bistec encebollado con arroz y habichuelas rojas

What would make today special? If I lived closer to my family so that it wouldn't be so sad and painful to say goodbye.

What would you like to learn to do?
I would love to learn to do hair. I want to learn to cut and color hair. I regret not doing cosmetology in high school

What's the last thing you bought?
I just went to Target (not in the nursing tank though). My list ranged from mascara to trash can liners. I also bought some cute tanks.

What are you listening to right now?
Caps hockey game. Go CAPS!

What is your favorite weather?
Lovely, breezy spring day

What is your most challenging goal right now?
Deciding on a career. I second guess myself all the time.

What do you think about the person who tagged you?
I wasn't tagged, but I really do like Elvira. I just think she is the bees' knees! You rock, E.

If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would it be?
A small town with nice, inviting people. I don't really care where it is as long as it is filled with nice people.

If you could swap lives with anyone for one day who would it be and why?
I am really happy with what I have, so no one.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? anywhere where I could sleep a full 12 hours without interruption, or the Caps game with my fam.

What would you like to have in your hands at right now?
my baby. Hold on, let me pick him up now.

Which language do you wanna learn?
ASL, refine my French, html

What do you look for in a friend?
Open, non-envious, non-toxic, fun, honest, loving, understands the importance of "alone time," supportive, curses like a miscreant child, isn't scared of the word "vagina," in charge.

Who do you want to meet in person?
I honestly don't know...hmm

What's your favorite type of music?
Woman music: Tori Amos, Regina Spektor, Sarah Mclaughlin, Feist, Billie Holiday, Sarah Vaughn, Nina Simone (oh Nina...)

What's your dream job?
Mother (yay!), makeup person, teacher in a functional environment.

If you had $100 now what would you spend on it?
baby stuff, maybe a toupee for his bald head. (anyone see that SNL skit? LOL)

Things you wish you could change in the past? meh, I have worked through my regrets so now I am at peace. Oh wait, there is that cosmetology school in high school regret. Oh maybe not vote for Nader in 2000 (to justify, I was in VA, which had already given Bush the electoral votes--lame!).

Fashion Pet Peeve?
muffin top inducing jeans. Size up, people!

Do you admire anyone's style?
The grrl always looks nice, Queen Fierce is sassy at 50-something...Actually, I really like my style: inexpensive, simple, and classic.

Describe your personal style.
White button down shirts, trouser jeans, flats, tailored dresses, appropriately fitted bras.

What's your favorite ice cream flavor? Rocky Road!

What's your favorite makeup brand? mark. and Revlon

What makeup do you use a lot? Foundation?

Do you get enough beauty sleep? Yes or no? Why?
No. I have a young being who doesn't understand the concept of beauty sleep. He was born beautiful.

Why did you start your (beauty) blog? I love to write, I have an opinion. Why not? I never expected to be read. It was more for me, so getting feedback is always surprising and nice feeling.

What do you think is the best feature about yourself?
My smile. Mr. Serenity paid a pretty penny for my straight teeth. I am contractually obligated to constantly smile.

What is your favorite vacation spot?
I really yearn for an Alaskan cruise again.

What do you like least about yourself?
My tendency to get hyperpigmentation after a breakout, my inability to be a delicate flower...actually, I take it back...I like my inability to be a delicate flower, even though I am scared of frogs, spiders, snakes...

Again, do this questionnaire if you want. It is always fun to learn about people.
Many hugs, and more reviews to come.

1 comment:

Elvira said...

Felix! What a wonderful name! Yes. We must get together when you are feeling up to it. I didn't want to do anything for the first 3 months because I was so damn tired! Oh and I'm not scared of the word Vagina!