Sunday, May 24, 2009

I found the unicorn, and it asked me to share

One day I was going stir crazy with Feh-Feh, and I decided to take advantage of an awesome resource my local hospital offers: a breastfeeding support group where mommies can socialize, meet with nurses, and feed their babies without feeling awkward. It was the best decision I made in the last several weeks. I made friends instantly, and afterwards we went to a coffee shop and talked about many things. During our post-group chat, one the fellow new mommies had to feed her beautiful son. She whipped out a nursing cover that isn't awkward and has an arc that lets her peek at the baby. I immediately asked where she got it because the one I have is super awkward. She told me she got it at the Target across the street.

I vowed to go to Target right after the coffee chat to snag one for myself. Once I was at the Target, and had located the nursing apron, I decided to saunter over to the cosmetics aisle. (I really just cannot leave a store without visiting the cosmetics aisle. I just cannot. I can leave empty-handed, but I cannot ignore the curiosity.) I looked at the Sonia Kashuk section, and guess what I saw! Go ahead, guess! Yup! I found the elusive Sonia Kashuk skunk brush. Even better, I found multiples. The Target had about five just waiting to be plucked. I immediately grabbed one (I didn't want to be greedy.).

Seeing as I already have one, I decided to share the good fortune of finding the unicorn. I am having my first blog contest.

Here is what you have to do:

1) This contest is for US residents (don't worry, one day I will open a contest up to the world)

2) Leave a comment in the comment section saying "hi." In addition, and this is the important part, leave your name and email address in the comment section. If you want to keep this info on the down low (confidential, no worries, I won't sell your info), email me your name and email address to happyfacehappywallet@gmail.com

3) The deadline to enter is Friday, May 29th at 11:00 pm eastern time.

4) A winner will be chosen at random. The scholar will draw the name from a hat. I will probably announce when the scholar draws the name on twitter. My updates are posted in the sidebar, just look down a little.

5) The winner will be notified via email. After the winner has responded to the email, He or She will be announced in a new blog entry. If I don't hear from the winner in a designated amount of time, the scholar will draw again (he has the time now that he graduated from school).

6) Oh yeah, and only one entry per person.

I am kind of lazy, so I'm not posting a pic of the brush, but if you want proof, just let me know.
Best of Luck!

11 comments:

Rachael Williams said...

Hello from Minnesota!
Rachael W.
naughtygirlrlw@msn.com

Joanne said...

Hello from SF Bay!

Email info emailed =]

Teresa said...

Teresa -- mooosley@gmail.com

laura r said...

Hi from Philly!
Laura - psalm.of.ascent@gmail.com

CCakaJapan said...

Ohmg!lucky:) I would love to win this!!! I could use a new brush, too.

Thank you soo much!

Christie
xoxojadore at yahoo dot com

Aileen said...

Thanks for this contest. I would love to try this brush!
Aileen eyesod02 at gmail dot com

sleeping said...

Hello! I have NEVER been able to find this brush. This would be great!
sleepingmydayaway@gmail.com

queenbbeee said...

Hello from Chicago, Illinois...I just found ur blog and am following, I love beauty and bargains, you might also enjoy my blog. http://www.queenbbeee.blogspot.com

Billie Jo Fischer
queenb_yt@att.net
or
fischer1347@att.net

Thanks,
Billie

Lelu said...

Hola T:

Me encantan tus comentarios. Al leerlos me transporto, eres fantastica, deberias estar escribiendo para alguna columna de periodico. Estoy aprendiendo un monton contigo.

Abrazos,

Lelu's mom

T said...

Thank you all for participating. I will be sure to do another contest.

T said...

Mi querida Lelu!
Gracias por dejar el mensaje tan lindo y por tener confianza en mi. Tu eres unas de mis motivaciones para seguir escribiendo resenas.

Muchos abrazos
T