Wednesday, March 4, 2009

The cure for a bad morning

Oh boy, I woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Instead of relishing in the miserable mood, I decided to do something about it.

What is a great calorie-free way to make us makeup lovers feel better?
Yup, some bonding time with makeup. I decided to force myself to be romantic and marry two cosmetics brands: Sally Girl and Mark. They were reluctant to meet each other at first, but with some smooth talking, I was able to set them up on a date. Now, they are on their way down the aisle, and I am the makeup artist at their wedding. This success brightened my mood instantly, and I started inviting more makeup products to the party. Next thing, it felt like we were at a Vanity Fair post-wedding party.

Crazy!

Here are some pics

Before

The look of the wrong side
Whoa, mama! chill out with that fist.
Felix would run away from this, poor boy.

open that fist!
Much better. The fist has been forced open.

vanity fair eat your heart
Breakdown
Face
-Everyday Minerals tinted silk dust as primer
-Revlon Colorstay w/ softflex foundation (oily/combo) in "Warm Golden" (this shade is too light for me right now. "Natural Tan" is the next option for me)
-Everyday Minerals foundation combo in "golden medium" and "butter tan" to darken the revlon foundation, add more coverage
-Maybelline coverstick concealer in "deep beige" and Everyday Minerals corrector in "bisque" under eyes
-Everyday Minerals brow powder in "medium brown" on brows
-MAC contour powder in "sculpt"
-NYX blush in "terracotta"
-WnW sheer illuminating powder in "moonlight" to highlight (limited edition. Looks like CD)

Eyes
UDPP
Sally Girl shadow in "purple haze" all over lid
Sally Girl shadow in "eggplant" in outer corner and crease (a little above crease too)
Sally Girl shadow in "beige" to blend edges and highlight under brow
mark. shadow in "plum velvet" in outer corner and crease (to further define)
mark. shadow in "cake" in inner corner
UD 24/7 liner in "lucky" all around eye
mark. shadow in "magic" on top of "lucky" to smudge, seal, and brighten
Ardell cluster/individual lashes on outer corner (four clusters on each eye)
Maybelline Lash Discovery mascara in black

Lips
mark. gloss in "loungerie" (this was an old collection, it has since been discontinued)

Sally and mark. are married!

sally and mark close up
The brows are a product of self-threading. I have been practicing this
ever since I saw Pursebuzz's video.

Let me know if you want any swatches, reviews, or other info.
Muah!

12 comments:

My-My said...

Why thank you for subbing mine too. And I'm glad the close ups helped you. Love your blog too! glad I found it.

Askmewhats said...

thank you so much for your sweet comment, you made my day!!!

This is a wonderful look you've done!!! So pretty and dainty!!! You look so cute with your shots!

GlossMenagerieDotCom said...

Aww you look lovely!

Elvira said...

LOL. You rock!!! Nice "makeover" Pregnancy suits you!

Miss Yaya said...

lol that is the cutest with the tension released... the makeup looks good. hope u had a good day! :)

T said...

Thank you, ladies. Let me know tell you, I felt much better after putting on some color. I wore the makeup for the entire day without going anywhere. I just cleaned house. lol

marisol said...

You look flawless in that last picture. I like the color combo on the eyes too.

Claire said...

I love the eyes! You look so pretty! :D

T said...

Thank you Marisol and Claire. ;-)

pandawhole said...

Thank you,i learn a lot!

Anonymous said...

I was too turned off from your first photo to continue on reading. Sorry.

T said...

yay, Pandawhole!

Anon, don't worry. I know the first picture is rough, lol.