Friday, February 6, 2009

You are seducing me L'oreal

I usually am not a fan of L'oreal drugstore cosmetics.  I find it on the pricier side, and I don't like the end results.  However, I was watching MakeupbyTiffanyD's videos, and she always raves about L'oreal Lineur Intense liquid liner in carbon black.  She is not the only person who stands by this liner, many other makeup lovers celebrate it as well.  With this in mind, I decided to give it a try.  And...I really am liking the liner.

When I first saw the felt tip, I was a little surprised because I was expecting a hard tip, like the Revlon colorstay liquid liner tip.  L'oreal's felt tip liner is long and a little flimsy.  I can't handle this applicator that way I usually handle other felt tips.  I usually use the tip of the applicator and apply pressure when applying liner to the eye.  With the Lineur Intense, I have to be more careful and apply the liner more gingerly.  In addition, I also have to slant the applicator so as not to bend the flexible tip.  To apply the liner I have to tilt the applicator at a 45 degree angle; if I want a thicker line, I tilt the applicator even more.  I find that there is a slight learning curve to using this applicator, but it doesn't stop me from wanting to use it again. 

Now, what I really enjoy about this liner is the pigmentation and the finish.  This is the darkest liquid liner I have seen from a mass market drugstore brand.  The pigmentation is insane! Deep, dark, rich, no fading.  The liner when dry also has a lovely sheen to it.  It almost has a mild patent leather finish to it.  The liner definitely picks up the light.  This liner does not flake at all, nor does it smudge.  Once it is on, it is on!  This liner will definitely be in heavy rotation.  Kudos to L'oreal!  Oh, and the flexible long felt tip applicator somehow made it easier to make a nice, enticing cateye wing.

If you are not satisfied with your liquid liner, and you haven't tried this one, then you should pick it up the next time you are in the store (the find will be even sweeter if you get in on sale).

Rating:
5 out of 5 happy wallets (Great pigmentation and lasting power.  Application may require a little practice)
Price: $6-7 at drugstores


l'oreal lineur liner

2 comments:

marisol said...

I really like her tutorials. I am going to have to check out that liner.

T said...

I think she is great. I have tired some of looks, and they all come out really nicely.