Friday, February 13, 2009

my lips are kind of addicted...

As mentioned before, I love lipsticks.  The colors transport me.  As far as lip glosses go, well...they are okay, but I don't usually collect them.  I prefer more coverage, however, I do like the moisture factor many glosses offer.  So when I find a highly pigmented, moisturizing gloss, I go crazy!  
I have tried the MAC lip lacquers, those are nice, but I don't feel like shelling out all the moola.  Recently, I found an answer to my desire to have a lip product that has a gloss shine, but the pigment of a lipstick.  In addition, this product is beautifully moisturizing!  Avon Glazewear Liquid lip colors are wonderful.  I am in love.  Several months ago, I bought two just to try out.  I loved how soft they felt on my lips, how nicely pigmented they were, and how long lasting they are, and how they don't have a peculiar scent or taste.  In fact, a month later Avon had the glazewears on sale for $1.99 each, and I ordered all of the shades that worked with my skintone.  These glosses are in super heavy rotation right now.  I can sheer these glosses out, or I can build the richness up.  
These tubes of luscious goodness, should not be confused with the glazewears that look like slimmer lipsticks.  Those are crappy, which is what took me so long to try the liquid lip color version.  
If you happen to be browsing the Avon website, definitely check out the liquid lip color glazwears.  At regular price, they are $8.00; however, Avon throws them on sale regularly.  As always, get them on sale.  You will love the lip color more when you pay less.

Here are some swatches

avon glazewear liquid lip color
the colors are a touch richer in person.
Mirage is a very light beige color.
Dazzling Diamond is a clear, sparkling gloss.

avon glazewear tubes
click on image is see the name run down.

Rating:
6 out of 5 happy wallets (I friggin' love these glosses)
Price: regular $8.00, but Avon throws some fantastic sales
Enjoy!

6 comments:

Bella said...

Oh chica those looks FAB!!!! So they are "real" lipsticks, right? Wooha.They loook creamy and zzzzzexeeee!

T said...

Yeah, they are more lipstick like (pigment wise) than gloss, but they have the shine and moisturizing factor of the glosses. It is the best of both worlds.

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

ooo I should look for these!

do you know if they're sold in stores?

Bella said...

Hermana ----- happy friday again.

I just gave you a Triple Award in the Cafe Beautique!!! So drop by and be honored as the Diva you are!

Bella.

http://cafe-beautique.blogspot.com/

T said...

Paint Me Gorgeous,
There are some malls that have Avon kiosks, but I don't know where they are, or how to track them.

Usually, I order the glosses online through avon.com when I have a free shipping code (I will try to remember to pass that code on next time I get one). You can also look for a local avon rep through avon.com. To be honest, I use both options. I have a rep near me, and I sometimes order online.

Bella, thank you so much for the honor. I am going to post an entry right now. I am humbled. This is so much fun!

megalynn said...

Hey, T! I just discovered your blog about a week ago so I just HAD to follow it. Your reviews are great. :) I'm an Avon Rep. from Indiana and I hope you're still loving the Glazewear lipglosses because during Campaign 11 and 12, they are on sale for $1.99 and with every purchase you'll receive a mail-in entry form to win a 2010 Chevy Malibu! Just thought you'd like to know that bit of information. :D