Saturday, February 14, 2009

Add another one to the collection--mark. FFI

I love to collect mark. Flip for It (FFI) palettes. I love the convenience and shortcut of not having to think of color combinations. These are excellent for travel, when the last thing you want to do is spend a ton of time in the bathroom getting ready. Whenever, a new FFI collection comes out I rush to the catalog and look at the colors. There have been a few that I have passed up because the colors just wouldn't work for me, and in the tradition of being a savvy spender I look away.

This season, mark. has two new sets of FFI's: spring Tokyo and Los Angeles. The Gloss Menagerie and I dare to Compare talk about these palettes in their blogs. I ordered the Los Angeles palette only because Tokyo really didn't entice me. I have used the Los Angeles palette several times, and I really do like it. My favorite part of the palette are the sheer lipstick-like colors, as opposed to the lip glosses. The glosses might as well be clear.

Anyway, to complement the blog entries mentioned above, I have included some swatches of the eye side and the lip side. I did not swatch the glosses because they are sooo sheer they don't even show up.

Enjoy
mark. FFI L.A. swatches

mark. FFI L.A. eye side
Hollywood, Mulholland
Sunset strip

mark. flip for it (FFI) in L.A. lips
Melrose, Rodeo
(I forgot the names of the glosses)
The top two squares are lovely lip colors
enjoy

11 comments:

Askmewhats said...

colors are super pretty :D

Paint Me Gorgeous said...

pretty =D

where are these sold?

GlossMenagerieDotCom said...

squeeeee omg they look so so pretty :)

Elvira said...

you know me. I don't flip for anything MARK but It sure does look pretty!
I nominated you for a triple award. I have no idea what it is but it's a way for me to pay tribute to some of my fave beauty blogs...one of which is yours! Just thought you should know. http://pinksith.blogspot.com/2009/02/triple-award-thingie.html

Miss Yaya said...

I haven't used Avon or Mark products in so long but with so many positive reviews for these I think I'm about to start again!

Tanya Annette said...

Oh, this one is very pretty in person!! For some reason I skipped this seasons batch of FFI. Still very pretty though :)

T said...

Yaya, these flip for it's are really nice. I love the all in all concept and they are excellent for travel. The real value are the shadows and the blush. the glosses are a little sheer, but still very good. I love how thoughtless this is. I just open and apply when in a rush. Unlike me, you only need one. I just happen to have an obsession.
BTW, the darker shadow (Mulholland) does have a lovely goldish shimmer.

Tanya, I skipped the previous season. The colors were too cool, I just love these, and I can't explain why.

pixieblu said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
pixieblu said...

Wow, thanks for the great swatches! I was leaning towards getting Tokyo, but I really like L.A. now.

BTW, I linked to your post on my mark fan page on FB.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-mark-cosmetics/56767792530?v=wall&viewas=1118422520&pub=2309869772#/pages/I-mark-cosmetics/56767792530?v=posts&viewas=1118422520

T said...

Hi Pixiblu,
I really do enjoy this palette. Mulholland has a lovely shimmer and the hollywood is really very pretty.

thanks for linking me to your facebook page.
Let me know if you have any requests or suggestions.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for swatching this! Mark has this featured in their "last chance" section online and after seeing your swatches, I decided to get it. Thanks a ton! :)