Thursday, December 18, 2008

What can brown do?

Well for me, it makes me beautiful.  Can you believe that I have encountered people who did not find me pretty or acknowledgeable simply because of my brown skin?  Predictably, I fell into their ignorant trap and started to think that my skin was not pretty.  I used to think that brown wasn't doing crap for me.  I don't know when it happened, but I finally shred the robe of self-doubt and self-loathing.  I looked in the mirror and realized that brown could do a whole lot more than I was giving it credit for.  

Some people still think that brown can't do anything but be drab, but I don't have time for those people.  I am too busy spending time with lovely people who appreciate the color spectrum, and I am too busy spending time enjoying who I am.  Anyway, last night, I decided to confirm my "brown-a-liciousness" by changing my nail polish.  Milani has the gorgeous nail color called "brown-a-licious."  I have had it in my collection for a while, but I really hadn't taken the time to truly savor the color.  Well, first of all, I am super glad I purchased this goody.  Second of all, I can't stop looking at my nails.  This formula is really nice.  It is spreadable, very easy to handle, beautifully pigmented (all you need are two quick coats), and it does not feel heavy at all.  I am on the second day of wear and I have yet to get any chips or lose any shine.  This is a delicious color.  By the way, the brush is easy to maneuver. 

Muah!


Milani Brown-a-licious

3 comments:

Kimberly Tia said...

What a lovely nail color!
I had noticed you became a follower of my blog, and I want to say THANK YOU!

and wanted to compliment your "about me" blurb, I can so relate!! looking forward to more of your postings!

MysteryGirl said...

Hey!

You have a great blog! My name is Irene, and I have a little beauty community website called ColorMeGorgeous.com:

http://www.colormegorgeous.com

I recently found your site and am very interested in exchanging links. As you know, reciprocal linking benefits both of us by raising our search rankings and generating more traffic to both of our sites. I wanted to ask if you would please post a link to my site as follows, and in exchange, I’ll post your link on my site.

Title: ColorMeGorgeous
URL: http://www.colormegorgeous.com
Description: An online beauty community which offers forums, monthly contests, product reviews of makeup and skincare, expert advice, and more!

Once you've posted the link, let me know the URL of the page that it's on, and I will post it on my site.You can reply to me at colormegorgeous@gmail.com

Thank you very much,

Irene

Elvira said...

Brown-a-licious is awesome on you! And Brown is beautiful!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!