Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Do I look like the young Coco now?

So last night, I took a break from doing laundry, washing dishes, preparing for class, grading papers, and listening to Disney shows in the background (Did I mention that I still watch Disney?  I'm almost 30. hmm...).  I raced to my treasure trove of makeup, scurried to my awesome bathroom that needs to have the shower recaulked, and prepared for the orgasmic experience of transforming myself from a blotched face with oily lids to a blotched face with a rockin' smokey eye.  I was inspired by the Coco Chanel biopic on Lifetime.  I couldn't find a screenshot on the internets, but the eye was a super subtle, gray eye that works lovely during the day.  The eye is not obvious, while definitely creating a seductive look.  I added a little drama because I got carried away by the exhilaration of makeup application.  I think I could still sport it during the day without looking like I just walked down the hall of shame after a mind-blowing night playing monopoly.  



Anyway, I used the Revlon colorstay quad in "Smokey Rose."  I really haven't touched this quad in a really long time, and after using it last night, I regret neglecting it for so long.  The texture is silky smooth, the pigment is not as heavy as MAC or other high end shadows, but it is comparable to WnW or NYX (some NYX shadows may be a touch more pigmented).  The colors are blendable and longlasting.  I really like these quads for everyday wear.  I also used mark. eyeliner in "Jet" and Cover Girl Lash Blast in Black.  The lippie is mark. in "Ruby Glaze."







Oh yeah, I have to pluck the eyebrows. sorry about that.
Much love.

6 comments:

Elvira said...

I LOVE IT! You look lovely. that quad is very nice. I'm sure you will get back into the swing of things with your MU in no time. I bet it would transform nicely to a night look with black on your waterline and more of the deep gray under the eye. Excellent job!

T said...

Thanks, love. It felt great to dedicate some time to the face.

marisol said...

Very pretty!

I still have to watch that movie. I have it recorded on my DVR but need the time to watch it.

valerie said...

Gorgeous colors and flawless application! I love a subtle smoky eye, and you look beautiful! I might have to investigate some Revlon quads... I wish they were in circles instead of rectangles though, I have issues, LOL :-)

T said...

Thanks Marisol and Valerie! I was pleasantly surprised with the outcome.

Marisol, I really like looking a the fashion pieces. It was a little slow, but definitely worth a glimpse.

Valerie, I, too, really appreciate round shadows. I feel like I have more room to maneuver the brush.
;-)

Vanessa said...

gorgeous look!