Tuesday, August 26, 2008

To hell with it, I'm opening up

Confession: I have not worn much makeup for more than three weeks.  I look at all of the pretty colors, but  I just don't feel inclined to do anything with my awesome face.  However, things will change tomorrow.  You see, the thing is...I am starting a new job tomorrow.  I will be teaching at a community college for the first time ever.  I have to look presentable and serious.  These people are investing in their education and I don't want to distract them with my makeupless face.  I think I am going to take a cue from Pink Sith and go for the taupe eyeshadow.  I think  I will layer the mascara.  I'm also gonna do a red stain on the lips.  I am thinking about the makeup because, deep down, I am really nervous about this gig.

I have taught before at a high school level.  I enjoyed teaching, but I have yet to find my true niche.  I am dying to find my niche in education.  Maybe this will be it, either way, it will bring me one step closer to some type of final destination.  I am in the process of finalizing my syllabus, I feel a touch rusty.  Hopefully it will all come back to me, Meatloaf and Celine Dion style (remember that mesmerizing duet? Friggin' Awesome.).

Oh yeah, and I am letting my hair grow out and I am going au natural.  I have am rocking a very sweet mini-afro.  I can't wait to wear headbands again.   I am also satisfying my hankering for Trader Joe's Cheetos. Envy me!

That felt good.  I think I will open up more, why not.  Makeup will be the focus, but life spices it up.

Muah!

3 comments:

Elvira said...

How Exciting! Congrats on your new job. I think you will see a big difference teaching "Volunteers" (community college) versus "Draftees" (high school). Thanks for the mention. And Yes, Taupe eyeshadow is ALWAYS a good idea!

T said...

Thanks! The first day went well. I am taking it one day at a time so that I don't get too overwhelmed. I need to venture back to makeup because it is a nice outlet. And you are right, "volunteers" are way better.

I love your blog; it will probably be mentioned again and again.

marisol said...

How exciting! I am glad that your firs day went well.

There are times when I don't feel like wearing make up. Lately, all I have been using on my eyes is Benefit High Brow, Brow Zings and mascara. Not too exciting.