Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Quick and easy

I love foundations. I don't know what it is, but I am just drawn to the empty promises the marketing campaigns unapologetically unleash to the general public. "Instant flawless skin," yes, please. "Hides pores," How did you know? "Controls oilies and looks fresh all day," Lay it on me.


Sometimes, the descriptions are right on. Revlon Colorstay does last all day and control the oilies. Everyday Minerals does give me the closest to flawless skin I will ever have. Palladio Wet/Dry powder foundation is quick, easy, and puts up a good fight against my eager oil glands. As far as Revlon Colorstay and Everyday Minerals, I love them. I have them in heavy rotation, but sometimes I get bored of the routine, and I need to switch it up. Sometimes I am in a rush and don't have time to smooth the edges out (Revlon), or buff the bejesus out of my face (Everyday Minerals). On the days when I stayed in bed too long or when my arms were too sore from playing Wii tennis, I whip out the Palladio. I don't know why, but I really enjoy this powder.



According to the website, palladiobeauty.com, when used wet, it offers maximum coverage. Using it dry offers medium to sheer coverage depending on application tool. I have not tried the powder wet out of fear of encrusting the top layer. Maybe one day I will, if I do, I will let you know. I have applied the powder dry and with the sponge and two different types of brushes. I prefer to apply the powder with a brush. I have used the NYX powder brush reviewed here and the Everyday Minerals flat top brush. I like how they both work. Using the NYX powder brush offers sheer/mid-medium coverage. The flat top brush gives me medium coverage.



The powder itself is nice and light. It is finely milled, which makes it go on and cover nicely (however, you will have a lot of powder "dust" if you use the brush, just be warned). It doesn't take long to buff the powder in. When I touch my face, it feels like I have nothing on, but my face looks more even and finished. The powder does not cake in my creases or pool in my pores. It also works very well at curbing the oilies. I was very impressed the first day I wore it, and grew more loyal to it as the days passed. The color match is pretty good. I think it is a touch cooler than I am, but it is not noticeable. There is no distinct smell either, and the sponge has it own compartment. All in all, great buy!



Rating:

5 out 5 happy wallets

Price: at Sally's (you can also find it at Nordstrom Rack, and maybe Ulta, but don't quote me on it). $9.99



My shade: I am NC35-40 in MAC studiofix, and Everlasting Tan in Palladio works best for me. They have testers in the displays. They are the hidden slide out kind.





Image from Palladiobeauty.com

No comments: