Monday, June 30, 2008

I want my nightmares to be ephemeral, not my perfume

My invisible friend: "So T, how would you describe the new summer fragrance from Mark.?"

Me: "One word: Ephemeral."

Such a shame...Mark. Instant Vacation Caribbean Fragrance mist is really a lovely scent. I can only describe it from memory because it has already faded on my skin, and I sprayed the hell out of that bottle too. You know how some fragrance descriptions state that the notes were taken straight from the beach, but in reality the notes were taken from a variety of suntan lotions and sunblocks? Well, IV Caribbean actually does smell like the Caribbean. It has the freshness of sea spray, the richness of overwhelming sand, and the fruitiness of a citrus daiquiri.


When I initially spritz this tease of a fragrance, it reminds me of early morning trips to the beach when no one is present and I take the time to absorb all of the sounds and smells before other visitors come to play, grill, and sunbathe. Those early beach mornings are peaceful, full of life, humility, and pleasure. Interestingly enough, the fragrance incites the same sentiments.

Actually, now that I think about it, the sentiments I feel during the early morning at the beach are ephemeral too, so the life span of IV Caribbean is accurate.

Photo from meetmark.com


However, when we suggest someone bottle a good thing, it's because we want it to last. Soooo (blogger turns to face perfume bottle. Awkwardness is palpable.) IV Caribbean, you have failed me. I have no time to visit the beach this summer, and I was relying on you to transport me. Unfortunately, you, like the majority of America, can't afford the gas to go the distance. You, IV Caribbean, have failed me. In return, I will give you a low rating. I am sorry. You had potential, but you did not live up to it. Tough love, baby. Tough Love.


According the the mark. website IV Caribbean carries the following notes: "Starfruit and mango mingle with notes of orange flower, red heliconia and teakwood to create a fresh, tropical scent that transports you to paradise."


Rating:
2.5 out of 5 happy wallets.
Smells great, but just doesn't go the distance

This product is 1.6 fl. oz., and costs $15.


Wishing you a happy face, and an even happier wallet.


If you have any requests for reviews, leave a comment. I'll see what I can do.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Hi T! Yeah this is my first time hearing about Lady Burd, I checked their site out and its kinda crappy and hard to navigate so I apologize I don't know too much about them. I just saw at the show they had pretty much ALL the indelible stuff and other mineral makeup, and I am not sure if they sell wholesale or retail....hmmm...